22.2.08

They came... at last!






here are some pix of my family who stayed with me for a week from 09.02.08 to 16.02.08. this is their first time in sydney, so i have been showing them around a fair bit, ok, a lot! we did pretty much most of the touristy stuff, from the blue mountains to the hunter valley and everything in between. it was awesome to have them here and it was stressful too. its kinda hard to explain to them how the aussies live here. simple things like wearing shoes in the house took me days to explain to them. not that i mind actually. its good fun to argue with them, hehe. not heated arguments though.

another mission is shopping. they seem to find it hard to buy anything because of the currency exchange rate. understandable but at times it does get to me a bit. end of the day, they manage to get some cheap souvenirs at paddy's. thank god for imitation!!!

its good to have some quiet time by myself now but at the same time, i miss them heaps. all in all, it was good fun... especially my fourth aunt, never cease to crack a joke. hope they enjoy their trip as much as i do. look forward to your next visit!!!

No comments: