5.5.08

Another Chapter

Well well well, here's another update. I quit my job at Auto Salon, now working as a Senior Designer at Generic Publication. A company that do all the creative work for the Harvey Norman group. It includes Domayne and all its franchisee. This is a step up for me, and this is a huge company. With 35 designers working at 3 shifts, generating 250 newspaper ads a week, a ridiculous amount of catalogues, this is a big operation.

The company is so well organised, its scary. I'm trying hard to fit in here. Having worked at Auto Salon, an ultra chill and laid back company, this will take me a while to adapt but I think I should be alright. Even though the work I will be doing is pretty boring, I'm hoping to make Team Leader in 6 months so I can have more freedom in terms of creativity.

Having said that, I didnt burn any bridges with Auto Salon. The General Manager would most likely want me to do freelance work for them. Looks like I get to do interesting creatives from time to time after all....

No comments: