13.2.09

Apocalypse in Victoria


Not sure any of you who live outside Australia know this but on 07.02.09, fire broke out in the outback of Victoria, 300 hundred lives, gone, thousands were homeless and towns perished.

The most devastating disaster in Australian history. This is just bad. Its beyond comprehension. The worse part is, the fire was deliberately lit but arsonists. What the fuck with these people? Why are people so fucked in the head? I'm not gonna go on about this but to those who are interested, visit http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/ for more information.

Its amazing that in such a short time, Australians and people around the world donated $80 million (still counting) towards those who suffered and lost their homes. I have been reading and following the news about this ever since it started and I couldnt help but feel the urge to do something. A good part of me wanna just drop of everything, my job etc and just gohelp out. The fire department needs all the help they can get. Should I do it? If I do it, I will most likely gonna loose my job. Maybe I just do some donation. Maybe I'l just use my blog to plead to friends, family and those who subscribe to my blog to dig deep, donate anything, not matter how small. Personally, I think Australia has been kind. I mean when the Killer Tsunami happened, most Australians donated. They have been giving. I'm not saying this because I 'm a permanent resident here. I'm saying this because its the truth. Everyone here always donate when something bad happens, no matter where it is.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. I can go on for days but I'm not going to. If you feel like contributing something, here's the link where you can do that. http://www.redcross.org.au

Below are some images captured by journalists, volunteer firefighters etc.






















No comments: