4.1.10

Hosier Lane

01.01.10, me and some mates from Sydney caught the tram to the city, just to get out of the house. Everything was closed, only a few major stores were open, like Myer and David Jones. Having not much to do, we walked around to Hosier Lane to take some photos of graffiti from well known artists such as Banksy (google Hosier Lane for more photos). This lane way is absolutely covered with paint. One of my favorite spot in Melbourne because the artworks are constantly changing with new artists trying to out do others' artwork. This is one of the must see places in Melbourne especially for designers and artists.
Anyway, here are some of the pix I managed to snap with my iphone...

It's good to know that there are parties like this out there. I mean if you are a graffiti artist, you would wanna hang out with the same kind or at least people who know what you are talking about. Having blank walls for taggers or artists to showcase their talent with good music and drinks, the appreciation for graffiti is certainly there and the culture itself has come a long way. I should go check out these parties one day and see what it's like.