10.5.10

Ex-No Boundaries in Brunswick


Over the weekend, I've got some friends visiting from Malaysia. These are the people I used to work with and still keep in touch. It was good seeing them again, speak some Chinese and show them Melbourne. 

We didn't get to do a whole lot because of time but did manage to show them Hosier Lane (I reckon most designers would appreciate that place and in this case, they are all designers), The Roof Top Cinema at Curtain House, some exotic cafes and some good shops for street wear and books. All those were done in the city. We also had a wander around Victoria Market and after that, drove to Brunswick (how could I not show them this beauty of a place?).

Cruising down Brunswick Street, we saw an older guy in his full punk rock gear, giving us flyers about a designers market, which is just around the corner from where we were. Had to check that out and trust me, you can easily spend a few bucks here. All independent designers showing off the products they make themselves, this place has got a really hip feel to it. Maybe I should start doing stuff and start up a stall there myself. But I'm too lazy.

After the market, we pretty much walked up and down the street then head off to Smith Street where all the factory outlets are. First stop, NIKE and guess what, I bought another pair of sneakers. Classic NIKE DUNK. God damn it, I have been telling myself not to buy anymore sneakers before getting there but after seeing this pair of sneakers and it's only $50 bucks, I couldn't resist.

Ken & Markus cruising the streets.

Brunswick / Fitzroy

Ken & Showey

SKULL CANDY

While cruising the street of Brunswick, I found a store that carry Skull Candy Headphones with 20% discount. Bought 2, 1 for myself and another for a friend's birthday. When I got home and open the packaging, there are more than just headphones inside. There's a velvet tot bag, a Skull Candy bandana and the best part is the LIFETIME WARRANTY!!! If you break you headphone from aggressive music listening, slammed in your locker, car door, run over by a car, running into a wall, road biking sky diving, beating your boyfriend, blown up in an accidental experimentation with explosives or damaged in any other way, you get 50% refund. If it's any other faulty parts, it's full warranty. I repeat...FULL WARRANTY!!!

This is MINE!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's Brunswick STREET in FITZROY - you wally!