3.5.10

Mid-life crisis started early...

2 weeks ago, I mentioned about getting a new car. Well not exactly a new car, it's a new used car. Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Kompressor R170. Found this little gem online at carsales.com.au and after test driving it, I don't have any choice but to bring it home with me. With the price I'm paying for this, I can get a brand new Honda Accord or a Mitsubishi Lancer but it is a no brainer really, if you put all three cars side by side, which one will you pick?

The condition of the car is superb. Hardly any scratches, brand new tyres, full AMG bodykit - it has been looked after from the previous owner. The only thing that is not 100% is the side of the arm rest, which the vinyl is peeling a little.

So far, I have driven it twice, once to the mechanic to get it checked and the second time was to the audio shop to get a quote to upgrade the sound system. The reason why I have not driven it more often than I want is because it is still waiting for it's birth certificate (registration papers) which I will be getting on Thursday (3 days time). here in Victoria, it is cheap to get custom plates and I do like the idea of custom plates. I have ordered red plates with white text and it spells TWELF. I didn't want my name on it (always thought of having your name on your car is a bit of a wank) so I got TWELF, since there are a few significant things in my life happens on the 12th. The initial thought was getting the number 12 but it is way to expensive and the proper spelling TWELVE has been taken so TWELF will do just fine.

I must say, having the baby sitting in the garage for 2 weeks and can't drive it is a torture. A TORTURE!!


Quick Info
SeriesR170
BodyRoadster
No. Doors2
Seat Capacity2
TransmissionAutomatic
Gear LocationFloor
DriveRear Wheel Drive
Fuel TypePetrol - Unleaded ULP
Recommended RON Rating91
Release Year1999
VIN NumberWDB1704472F003867
Country of originGERMANY
ANCAP Safety Rating
Engine
Engine LocationFront
ConfigurationIn-line
Engine Size (cc)2295
CamDouble Overhead Cam
Engine Cycle4 Stroke
Engine TypePiston
Engine Number111973 22 ######
Engine CodeM111
Cylinders4
Valves per Cylinder4
Compression Ratio9
Power142kW @ 5500rpm
Torque280Nm @ 2500-2500rpm
Acceleration 0-100Km/h (secs)6.9
Induction SystemSupercharged intercooled
Fuel TypePetrol - Unleaded ULP
Fuel Tank Capacity (litres)60
Fuel DeliveryMulti-Point Injection
Method of DeliveryElectronic Sequential
Carbon Dioxide (g/km)235
Fuel Urban (l/100km)10.0
Fuel Extra Urban (l/100km)6.6
Fuel Combined (l/100km)9.7
Wheels
Front - diameter( mm)205/55 R16 91V
Rim MaterialAlloy
Front Rim Description16x7.0
Standard Equipment
16" Alloy Wheels
4 Speaker Stereo
ABS (Antilock Brakes)
Air Cond. - Climate Control
Airbags - Driver & Passenger (Dual)
Airbags - Side for 1st Row Occupants (Front)
Central Locking - Remote/Keyless
Control - Traction
Cruise Control
Engine Immobiliser
Fog Lamps - Front
Leather Gear Knob
Leather Seats
Leather Steering Wheel
Power Door Mirrors
Power Roof - Soft
Power Steering
Power Windows - Front & Rear
Radio Cassette - 6 Stack CD Changer