15.7.11

Hello. Thank You. Good Bye.


The day has come for me to say good bye to The Good Guys. It has been a pretty smooth ride and honestly, it has been a great joy working with them. Well, most of them anyway.

Like any establishment, there are always dickheads that spoil it for everyone. But all in all, it was good. Am I sad to go? Yes, very much so. But, I think it is time to move on. I felt that I need room to grow, creatively. I want more responsibilities. I want to move up in the corporate ladder.

I must admit, I do have doubts. Doubt if I made the right choice of moving on. Life here at The Good Guys was pretty good. 15 minutes to work. 15 minutes to work. Ample of parking. The people (most) I work with are good people. Pete Brown, the Brand Manager (the person whom I work with most of the time) was a great boss (I was asked once who do I work for, PMP or Pete Brown? I said Pete Brown). There is nothing off limits. We talk to each other like mates. We argue, we disagree, but the end of the day, we got things done and we were a good team. We know how each other works.

The coordinators were a bunch of goofers too. Lots of bantering between us and at the end of the day, its all for laughs. There's no hard feelings. Not that I'm aware of anyway. Most of them do have a special kind of relationship with me. They would come around and ask if I want lunch whenever they go out for lunch. Only me. Hahahahahaha.......

Anna, Yen, Faye & Tam. Girl Power, thanks for wearing RED (as for Anna, thanks for wearing Fluro!) Fleur Loden, I forgive you for touching my screen and no, YOU ARE NOT A FOOL :). Padma Palani, please, no more swearing in Hokkien. Someday, it'll get you in trouble. Daniel Young, my poster boy. Your support of my tattoo business will always be remembered. Now you carry my brand with you for life, peace brother! :)

And finally, the PMP boys and girls. Especially those who sits on the 'Bourke Street Mall". We've had plenty of laughs. I love the witty remarks. Mick Smith, don't forget the whale song when you are stressed. Joe Torres, Kor Nu Ti... or tell her to get back to her shell if she gives you the shits! Daryl, no more jokes about dickheads :(. Brad, you won't suffer from my intricate design for catalogues anymore. Touche, I'm ready for your next tattoo when you are :) Bron, no more bantering, :(. Katie, be nice to the boys will ya? I still owe you lunch. Johan, keep fighting for the rights (of everyone) within the company. Dave, hope you recovered from the operation of your pimple and sorry if I stuff up your plans for early retirement. Matt, now that I'm gone, no one will compete with you on the Plunger or the Brown Nose Award. Jacinta, shame you are not here for my last day here. I'm sure we will catch up soon.

That's it from me I think. That's all I can think of. That's all I've got to say. Like a true prince, I say PISS OFF AND GET BACK TO WORK!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fleur: I cried for weeks after you yelled at me, but it’s time to forgive you. I will miss your annoying and anger persona around the office and I will never forget the time I have spent with you.

So I wrote you an ACROSTIC to mark to this point in time:

E- Exhausting to talk too
R- Ruthless sense of humour
I-Irritating in every single way
C –Certainly going places, so get the hell out of here.

Jacinta said...

Sorry I couldn't make it today.
Good luck in your new job. Great things await.
Catch up soon.
Cheers! Cinta

Demon said...

Testing testing.