22.7.11

Week one.


It has been one week since I started at CHE. I didn't get off to a good start though. I was down with a throat infection and have to call in sick, on my first day. Normally, it would be fairly awkward to call in sick on your first day but my boss has been very understanding and said I should have a couple of days rest.

I showed up at work the following day (Tuesday) and it has been fairly smooth sailing for me work wise since then. It will take me a week or two to learn the ropes, the style guides of each account I have to work on but so far, it has been easy. Maybe my boss is being gentle cos I'm new.

It is good to know that the agency is fairly flexible. There's no one looking over your shoulder or checking how long you were away from your desk, bitching about being on the internet etc. We come in, we get the job done, we go home. The work culture here is just like what you find at a healthy agency. Staff joke around, play around, music playing... most of the guys here stay till late not because they have to, because they want to. They treat each other like friends whom you hang out with rather than colleagues you have to put up with. This is how a successful productive team should be.

Lunch - we get our own cafe with the daily menu emailed to us at about 10.30am. See sample...

Good Morning! 


Our specials for today are:
Cauliflower and pumpkin soup:    7.50 
Battered flathead and chips with salad:    10.50 
Baked chicken and pesto thigh fillets on steamed rice and salad:    10.50 
Beef mince pita pockets with salad:    10.50 
Bacon, tomato and spring onion penne pasta:    10.00 
Spinach and feta tart:    with one salad - 8.00 with two salads - 9.50

Our sandwich fillings for today are:
Chicken, bocconcini, tomato, mayo, lettuce Beef, spinach, gherkin, tomato, tomato relish, seeded mustard mayo Falafel, tzatziki, roast pumpkin, red capsicum, lettuce, tasty cheese Ham, tomato, tasty cheese, lettuce, seeded mustard mayo 

See you at lunch time :-)



Because today is Friday, at about 4.30pm, 2 nominated staff pushes a trolley with grog around the joint, stopping at each desk asking what we want for drinks. Wine, beer etc... I can get used to this.

Although all these are good things and I really do enjoy working here, I miss my minions back at Airport West. I miss people laughing at my lame arse jokes. I miss having my minions buying me lunch. I miss eBay. I miss giving Pete a hard time. I miss telling people to get fucked and get away with it.

No comments: