3.1.09

NYE 2008 in Bangkok

Hey there. Got the opportunity to visit Bangkok for a few days at the end of 2008. Spent NYE at Bangkok. Its a really good trip and I have fun. Its amazing how simple the lifestyle is in Bangkok. Even though its a big city, signs of poverty is very clear. Everything is really cheap. One thing that really amazes me is that everyone is so polite, well mannered and soft spoken. Hardly met anyone raises their voices or anyone misbehaving on the streets. They might not be educated but they sure do behave like they do. Anyway, check out some of the pix I took.....

Sawadi Karp??? LOL. Even Ronald McDonald greets in Thai!

Thailand!

Wait til I shoot you with my CoolPix!

The Heritage Bangkok. Its new... thanks to Christopher for organising the hotel.

The hotel room. Funky? Yes! Its a nice size room. Very stylish.

Hmm... Christopher, someone said you look like Fred Durst from Limp Bizkit. Keep Rollin' Baby!

Hawkin it in Chinatown!

Liu Bok, a friend since secondary school has been living in Bangkok for at least 5 years. He took some time to show me around Bangkok. And yeah, he took me to Chinatown for some seafood dinner. Cost him a fair bit but the food was really good. Thanks bro... i will have to visit again, will give you another opportunity to buy me dinner again... lol!



Hawkin it again... !

Local graffiti.

Take a bow!

Fred, sorry I mean Christopher, deep in thoughts. lol.

Day market. Night market. This place is just market galore. I LOVE MARKETS!

Toot Toot! Not the sound, but this is what they are called.

11am? way too early for business. The city only comes to life after 12.30pm. SO take a chill pill and relax.

Thats all folks. Actually there are heaps more pix, just that I'm lazy to post everything. This will suffice and I'm pretty sure will give you guys an idea what a great time I have in Bangkok. Thanks Christopher and Liu Bok for making this trip an amazing and fun trip for me. I will definitely be back! Korp Khun Karp (means thank you).

1 comment:

Demon said...

siok! looks like u had fun mate... sorry i wasn't in penang at that time, would've been nice to have met up with you bro.

But i should be making a trip to Sydney/Melbourne sometime this year.