29.12.09

So this is Christmas...

So this is what Christmas is like in Melbourne. I must say, this is a very different from the other Christmas I'v had in NSW or Sydney. To start, I received 3 presents from work. A BBQ starter pack hamper from The Good Guys marketing manager, a box of chocolate from someone (was left on my desk when I wasn't around) and a bottle of champagne and some chocolates from The Good Guys Marketing department. The joy of working with a big company... :)

Next, got a booklet of movie posters from the 40's. It's interesting to see many of the style used back then is being used now. There is indeed a cycle when it comes to design styles.

The best Christmas present was definitely the studded belt with the space invader buckle and a pair of Carhartt jeans. I'v had my eyes on those jeans for ages... and ages... and ages. Now it's MINE!!! Thank you, thank you!

Presents aside, it was nice to also have a few days off work. Had a nice traditional Christmas lunch with Drew and her grandparents, Tom & Jan, Kristen & Eilis and Peter.

Going to the city for Boxing Day was a big mistake. I did manage to get some good bargains but not worth the stress. There were queues to get in the stores. And it's almost every stores. I did however found a pretty cool music store though. It's called Basement Disc and it's located at one of those lane way in the city and it's sort of underground. A lot of cool music titles can be found here.

On 27th, I was invited to go to the Knight's family picnic at the zoo. beautiful day, cool breeze, nice sun and great food. What more could I ask for?

All-in-all it was a good Christmas even though I miss my family and friends back in Malaysia. Hope all of you had as good a Christmas as I did.

My Christmas presents.... Mmmmm.

Basement Disc

Face painting. I think Drew might grow up loving ink on her skin...

Relaxing at the zoo.

Drew with her Christmas presents, Dora the explorer gears.

The Knight Clan.

No comments: